question

poehlen avatar image
1 Like"
poehlen asked

addItem: You have not specified in my eBay whether you are a private or business seller

I have received the following response while trying to do an addItem post in my sandbox:
"You have not specified in my eBay whether you are a private or business seller."

In my sandbox account (testuser_dienaseTEST) I'm registered as an individual/private user, so I don't know what to change, how to proceed here. Any help would be appreciated.

sandboxadditemadditemcallsandbox issue
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sagar_developersupport avatar image
1 Like"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @poehlen,

Sandbox account testuser_dienaseTEST was not specified as an private user.

Now I have specified testuser_dienaseTEST as private account.

Can you Please retry the call now.

Best Regards
eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vikas.qwer@mailinator.com please change this account into business account

0 Likes 0 ·
raghupalak-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
raghupalak-0 answered

Hi @sagar_developersupport can you set my account type to "Business" or "Private" for the username testuser_raghu_sandbox ?. Thank you

1 Like"

Hi @raghupalak-0,

You can use this link to change your test user's account type:
https://scgi.sandbox.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ChangeRegistrationAccountType&guest=1

After you submit the change, you will be redirected to the eBay Sandbox home page.

Best Regards ,
eBay Developer Support

hey @ this above link is not working please change my sandbox use vikas.qwer@mailinator.com account as business account
0 Likes 0 ·
oavl89 avatar image
0 Likes"
oavl89 answered

Hello @sagar_developersupport , can you please help me please with my test user testuser_oanavlad, I have the same error when I try to addItem on sandbox(You have not specified in my eBay whether you are a private or business seller.) and when I go to this link https://scgi.sandbox.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ChangeRegistrationAccountType&guest=1 I am getting Http/1.1 Service Unavailable

Thank you

Hello @sagar_developersupport , can you please help me with my test user testuser_oanavlad, I have the same error when I try to addItem on sandbox(You have not specified in my eBay whether you are a private or business seller.) and when I go to this link https://scgi.sandbox.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ChangeRegistrationAccountType&guest=1 I am getting Http/1.1 Service Unavailable

Thank you

hr.ilmaauto avatar image
0 Likes"
hr.ilmaauto answered

Hi @sagar_developersupport , can you please set this account testuser_osmani to business type seller. We need to integrate api to start with selling.

Thank you.

0 Likes"

Hi,

Please submit a contact-us request for "I need to link my eBay and PayPal Sandbox accounts." and we will happy to assist you. Please navigate to URL https://developer.ebay.com/contact-us and follow the steps given below:

1. Go to the "Help with the eBay Sandbox" section.
2. Open the "I need to link my eBay and PayPal Sandbox accounts"
3. Fill the mentioned information and Submit a request.

Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support (edited)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.