question

shave_3589 avatar image
0 Likes"
shave_3589 asked

how to upload image if we don't have image to link to ? can we have our image in our local system and provide it as static value?

@lubefinder can you please suggest us the best way to manage the images while using inventory API ? bulk_create_or_replace_inventory_item. Our seller account got suspended permanently which we assume probably the image which is not ours could have violated the regulation that cause this suspension.

image product list
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
lubefinder avatar image
0 Likes"
lubefinder answered

I know the trading API had the concept of uploaded images and self hosted images, but that seems to have gone now with the Inventory API. Seems you just provide a URL to the image, and then eBay will grab a copy of it, do some magic to it, and then host a copy on eBays servers for you. I don't think you have any control over it. I have all of my product images hosted on my own website for my independent store, so I just provide links to the product images there. Whether eBay grabs a copy and serves it, or whether they just use the link direct, I don't really know (or care).

On one hand its nice to see eBay taking a proactive approach to copyright infringement, with so many chineese sellers ripping off product images they don't own, but yes, it can also affect us too.

I can only suggest making sure that you only use images you have a right to use. If needs be, for testing purposes just generate some images using an image editor, or grab some royalty free images from somewhere.

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.