question

gormys0 avatar image
0 Likes"
gormys0 asked ·

400 BAD Request on findItemsByKeywords

I have issues with api since SSL got required and its huge pain since then to do anything.

I am just trying to get list of items by keywords using api and display it in json form.

https://svcs.ebay.de/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsByKeywords&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&X-EBAY-SOA-SECURITY-APPNAME=_JUST_MY_PRD_ID_&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-DE&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON&outputSelector[0]=SellerInfo&outputSelector[1]=PictureURLLarge&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords=sth

I need to accept "the danger" from unknown certificate in chrome/ff first to get to this page. It was working for some time but now i get bad request 400 and there is just no information what is wrong either on api logs or in json response in XmlHttpRequest.

What is the proper way to handle those ssl requests so i can just get it working ? What can be the issue here anyway? I bet its something with those awesome certificates but imho it just should be handled automatically not that i have always hundred of problems when it comes to ssl.

What i could find in dev info is that " This page is not secure (broken HTTPS)."

Maybe its the issue with antivirus also, Im just struggling with this badly for some time.

How you do it properly to not have issues with ssl certificates every time ?

sslhttp bad request
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gormys0 avatar image
0 Likes"
gormys0 answered ·

Well thanks for reply but that was not the reason for this odd error with completely no information what is the problem. Ive changed X-EBAY_SOA to normal security-name but it was the same. I would expect getting some error in xml form other than just rude drop of my connection with badreq 400.

Error was some change of outputSelector, you need to use normal bracket not square now. I dont know was it some html change or ebay change but im not following all changes, im not so much into it. Anyways, I figured it out after couple of hours and I could just fix it in 5 minutes when I would got xml error response "your outputSelector is invalid"....

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·

You're confusing the system because you're formatting the request incorrectly in multiple ways.

The X-EBAY-SOA- prefix is used when providing credentials thru headers, not in the request URL.

And you are supposed to be using the svcs.ebay.com endpoint, the SSL error is because you are using svcs.ebay.de

There are URL request samples in the docs.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.