question

shave_3589 avatar image
0 Likes"
shave_3589 asked

How to get the return Policy ID in sandbox account? or is there any other way to get them other than getReturnPolicies and createReturnPolicy method of accountAPI?

I have a sandBox paypal account and sandBox ebay seller account and I wanted to get listing Policy details which are fulfillmentPolicyID, paymentPolicyID and returnPolicyID which are required for the payload fields to create an offer also update an offer I'm able to get fulfillment and payment policy ID's but neither can I get return policy ID using the getReturnPolicies method AccountAPI nor can I create return Policy using createReturnPolicy . How to get the return Policy ID

The following are the respective responses :-

createReturnPolicy :-

{

"errors": []

}

getReturnPolicies:-

{

"total": 0,

"returnPolicies": []

}

return-policy
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lubefinder avatar image
0 Likes"
lubefinder answered

Unfortunately return policies on sandbox are broken via all API's and web frontends. eBay have been ignoring support requests on this forum for the last couple of months. If you have $75 per hour to spend, i'm sure they will listen to you. If you don't I wouldnt hold your breath waiting for it to be fixed. You'll just have to test on production!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

You can ofcourse opt out of business policies and list the old fashioned way, but duplicating the policy details in each listing. I believe that will work on Sandbox. I can confirm that return policies works just fine on production though.

-1 Like -1 ·
shave_3589 avatar image
0 Likes"
shave_3589 answered

thank you @lubefinder for your valuable response. yes the return policy works fine in the production. but we wanted to test in the sandbox for development and understanding the nuance of the eBay API's. I'm not really sure of how we can opt out of business policies. Because while publishing the offer with bulkPublishOffers API, they constantly give an error response of "requirement" for fulfillment, payment and return policy IDs respectively.

lubefinder avatar image
0 Likes"
lubefinder answered

Yes, you're stuck then. If you were using the Trading API, you can list items using return, shipping and payment policy data within the listing itself, however as you have found, with the Inventory API you must use business policies. I am suffering from the same problem. We are using the Inventory API, which means with broken return policies, it is not possible to use the Sandbox for testing listings, which kinda makes the sandbox completely useless. Thats why I ended up switching to testing on the live system. You can pretty much do everything up until the publishing of the offer without incurring any fees or having anything live on show.

One thing I hadn't considered is what would happen if you created a listing using the web sandbox, then used the bulkmigratelisting option to convert it into an Inventory API listing. I wonder if eBay would somehow magically create you a Returns policy. I may give that a go just now in the Api Explorer and see what I get.

Well, I would do, but first I got

{"error_id":"temporarily_unavailable","error_description":"The authorization server is currently unable to handle the request.","http_status_code":500}

and now I get

{
 "errors": [
 {
  "errorId": 25001,
  "domain": "API_INVENTORY",
  "subdomain": "Selling",
  "category": "SYSTEM",
  "message": "A system error has occurred."
 }
 ]
}

0 Likes 0 ·
lubefinder avatar image
0 Likes"
lubefinder answered

I just tried opting out of business policies using https://api.sandbox.ebay.com/sell/account/v1/program/opt_out and that seemed to work, however trying to opt back in to business policies using https://api.sandbox.ebay.com/sell/account/v1/program/opt_in results in

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "errorId": 2003,
      "domain": "ACCESS",
      "category": "APPLICATION",
      "message": "Internal error",
      "longMessage": "There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process. Contact eBay developer support for assistance",
      "parameters": [
        {
          "name": "message",
          "value": "java.io.EOFException: No content to map to Object due to end of input"
        },
        {
          "name": "code",
          "value": "400"
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

I think the sandbox just doesn't want to be used!!!

thank you so much @lubefinder , I'll try your suggestions.

0 Likes 0 ·
lubefinder avatar image
0 Likes"
lubefinder answered

Right, Progress. I've managed to opt out of seller policies, opt back in again. And now I can create return policies on the sandbox!!!!

https://api.sandbox.ebay.com/sell/account/v1/return_policy

{
  "name": "minimal return policy, US marketplace",
  "marketplaceId": "EBAY_US",
  "categoryTypes": [
    {
      "name": "ALL_EXCLUDING_MOTORS_VEHICLES",
      "default": true
    }
  ],
  "returnsAccepted": true,
  "returnPeriod": {
    "value": 30,
    "unit": "DAY"
  },
  "refundMethod": "MONEY_BACK",
  "returnShippingCostPayer": "SELLER",
  "returnPolicyId": "6150873000",
  "warnings": []
}

shave_3589 avatar image
0 Likes"
shave_3589 answered

@lubefinder We did live testing and end up permanent suspension with no particular reason explained. we did realized we were using images which are not ours. But permanent suspension was quite a shock while testing with the live account. we simply generated the required policies ID and used them while creating offers then published them successfully until two days later, we found out our account was suspended permanently. we researched and assumed according to the findings that image seem to be the reason for the suspension, not sure if that's the only reason but the eBay suspension email did not mentioned any particular reason either.

lubefinder avatar image
0 Likes"
lubefinder answered

Wow, seems harsh.

Anyway, With some fiddling through API explorer I managed to fix this issue by opting out and opting back in again. Now my app was able to create all 3 policies no problem, so I presume I will be able to test on sandbox again, including listing via Inventory API.

Now all I need is to be able to simulate Managed Payments, and be able to get at the VAT rates for purchases via the Fulfillment API (misteriously missing from fulfillment API for managed payments users for some reason).

Give it a go and see how you get on.

thank you so much @lubefinder I was able to get the return policy ID.

0 Likes 0 ·
vertika_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vertika_developersupport answered

HI @shave_3589,

This issue is now resolved. Can you please try to create return policy in sandbox now.

Best Regards
eBay Developer Support

@vertika_developersupport I wasn't able to do that today , but i followed @lubefinder suggestion and it worked like magic.

0 Likes 0 ·
lubefinder avatar image
0 Likes"
lubefinder answered

A lucky coincidence :)

shave_3589 avatar image
0 Likes"
shave_3589 answered

I'm not able to publish offers/items with this warning and errors. In production there's no error while publishing but few warnings but now there's an error in sandbox, to get the return policy I followed what @lubefinder suggested by opting out of business policies then opt in again to which i got the same error mentioned above by @lubefinder . then I was able to create return policy. but now I'm getting these errors . I'm not able to opt in to business policies again.

"warnings":[

{

"errorId":25019,

"domain":"API_INVENTORY",

"subdomain":"Selling",

"category":"REQUEST",

"message":"Cannot revise listing. You are not opted into Business Policies. To continue using this feature please opt in using the following link: https://www.bizpolicy.sandbox.ebay.com/businesspolicy/policyoptin",

"parameters":[

{

"name":"0",

"value":"https://www.bizpolicy.sandbox.ebay.com/businesspolicy/policyoptin"

}

]

},

{

"errorId":25402,

"message":"System warning. The input object \"AddFixedPriceItemRequest.Item.EBayNowEligible\" is deprecated as of schema version 1095. Replacement: \"None\".",

"parameters":[

{

"name":"0",

"value":"AddFixedPriceItemRequest.Item.EBayNowEligible"

},

{

"name":"1",

"value":"1095"

},

{

"name":"2",

"value":"None"

}

]

},

{

"errorId":25402,

"message":"System warning. The email address you entered isn't linked to a PayPal account. If you don't have a PayPal account, you'll need to set one up with this address so that buyers can pay you. (You can set up your account after your item sells)."

},

{

"errorId":25021,

"message":"The eBay listing associated with the inventory item, or the unpublished offer has invalid item condition information. The ConditionDescription field is not valid for new items. The data specified in the field will be ignored."

}

],

"errors":[

{

"errorId":25001,

"message":"A system error has occurred. Sorry, error is encountered when creating your item."

}

]

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.