question

micsma_8 avatar image
1 Like"
micsma_8 asked ·

How to beat the bots?

I've been using the `findItemsByKeywords` with sort `StartTimeNewest` and the results are consistently 3-4 minutes behind when they actually were first published yet somehow others are always able to beat me to the item. How is that possible? Is there a faster API or parameter for immediate results?

Below is the URL:

https://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?
  OPERATION-NAME=findItemsByKeywords
  &SERVICE-VERSION=1.11.0
  &SECURITY-APPNAME=XXX
  &GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US
  &keywords=XXX
  &paginationInput.entriesPerPage=100
  &sortOrder=StartTimeNewest
  &outputSelector=PictureURLLarge
  &itemFilter(0).name=LocatedIn
  &itemFilter(0).value=WorldWide
  &itemFilter(1).name=ExcludeCategory
  &itemFilter(1).value=15032

Thank you!

searchnewly listed item delaylatency
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·

The ~4 minute delay with the Finding API is standard. I'm pretty sure it's been that way all along. I don't know of a way to retrieve item results any faster. There have been requests here on the forum for that kind of info over the years, but no one has come forward with a better way. That kind of info is probably a trade secret for certain brilliant devs lurking in the shadows.

If buyers are always beating you to certain newly listed items, perhaps they have scripts that scrape the eBay site of specific sellers' listed items? Or they use a 3P BIN sniping service, probably run by some clever dev who figured out how to get fast results.

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.