question

express-goods-usa avatar image
0 Likes"
express-goods-usa asked ·

Can't figure out 500 Internal Service Error / Error 25001 on publishOffer calls

I often run into this 25001 / 500 Internal Service Error when trying to use publishOffer to make an offer live.

The error doesn't provide any extra information to help debug it. I have tried also in the Production API Explorer using an offer ID that I successfully had created with createOffer, and it also gives me this same error, so the error doesn't seem to be caused by something wrong with my request's authentication or other low-level protocol issues.

Can anyone help debug this for me? Here is a sample recent request that had the problem:

POST https://api.ebay.com/sell/inventory/v1/offer/91558220010/publish/

RlogId: t6pitnmsgwj70%3D9iptpitnmsgwj70*guuq5%28rbpv670%3D-1756bc85589-0x64b
X-EBAY-C-REQUEST-ID: ri=4a1cSu4ThrWN,rci=4eb91bf05f23bce2

25001 error
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
express-goods-usa answered ·

Yeah I can create the offer and getOffer returns normal stuff. Just when I go to publish, on some items not all items, I get this unexplained error with no clue how to fix it.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"

Thanks for your comment lubefinder, I agree. However to be clear in my case I'm trying to use the production API, not the sandbox.

· 1 · Share

Ahh right, sorry about that. I am able to post offers on production, so it would seem that it isn't a global problem, or atleast not on EBAY_GB. Does a call to getOffer return everything you would expect to see?

0 Likes 0 · ·
lubefinder avatar image
0 Likes"
lubefinder answered ·

@vertika_developersupport I find it astonishing that you are requesting users, who are developing software to integrate with eBay, to drive your companies profits, to pay 75$ to ask a question about something that is clearly broken on eBays end.

You know, if the sandbox was a perfect replica of the production system, and all was in order and working as designed, I would happily pay you 75$ every time something didn't work for me. It is bad enough that my development productivity is so low compared to normal development as I am having to constantly workaround problems where something is not working on the sandbox, but you ask for more money to pay for fixing your broken system. I don't think so.

It is clear that a significant number of requests go ignored on here, when it is clearly an eBay issue. Deliberately I guess.

lubefinder avatar image
0 Likes"
lubefinder answered ·

Its broken. Its been broken for a while now. Nobody seems able to publish offers.

0 Likes"

It won't let me open a ticket without first spending money on hours. Does anyone here have any other insight on what can cause 500 Internal Service Errors / 25001 error when trying to use publishOffer?

vertika_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vertika_developersupport answered ·

Hi @express-goods-usa,

For better assistance, I would suggest you to file a technical support request here - https://developer.ebay.com/my/support/tickets as more details of your developer account are required to triage this issue and you will not be charged if it it a bug.

Best Regards
eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.