question

trustbargainsuk avatar image
0 Likes"
trustbargainsuk asked ·

Finding API - API Limit Not Resetting

I have recently been using the FindingAPI for a small mobile app I made for myself and it should never use over 100 API calls per day. However, for the past 2 days the API has been returning the following JSON data:

{"errorMessage":[{"error":[{"errorId":["10001"],"domain":["Security"],"severity":["Error"],"category":["System"],"message":["Service call has exceeded the number of times the operation is allowed to be called"],"subdomain":["RateLimiter"],"parameter":[{"@name":"Param1","__value__":"findCompletedItems"},{"@name":"Param2","__value__":"FindingService"}]}]}]}

It says that I have exceeded the number of times the operation is allowed to be called. I haven't even been able to make an API call today or yesterday as far as I can tell so it's obviously not resetting or someone has figured out my application name.

I haven't had any issues for the past month so i'm wondering if maybe the finding api has a call limit of 5000 per month rather than per day?

I'm getting close to the point of just creating a new developer account every month but it's ridiculous to have to do that.

Any help would be much appreciated.

finding api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
trustbargainsuk avatar image
0 Likes"
trustbargainsuk answered ·

Looks like eBay has deprecated and restricted the Finding API permanently so that's what has caused this issue.

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.