question

goldenb0y avatar image
0 Likes"
goldenb0y asked ·

Alternatives to findCompletedItems

Also having issues with my business with the findCompletedItems API going away.

What alternatives can we use? Maybe we could share some ideas?

Does findItemsAdvanced - get sold data?

Anyone with access to the Marketplace API on here? Is that filling the gap effectively?

finditemsadvancedfindcompleteditemsmarketplace insights api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eternax-webdesign avatar image
0 Likes"
eternax-webdesign answered ·

As an alternative fo findCompletedItems I tried findItemsAdvanced and according to the API documentation there shall be an itemFilter called "SoldItemsOnly" that can be set to "true", so only items that are sold should be displayed.
Additionally the response field "sellingState" should return "Ended", "EndedWithSales" or "EndedWithoutSales" if an item is ended.
But findItemsAdvanced only returns active items.
If you set the filter "SoldItemsOnly" to true you always get a result with a count of 0 items.

So why even have all this in the findItemsAdvanced call when it returns only active items?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

daviga53 avatar image
0 Likes"
daviga53 answered ·

I generated a lot of revenue for eBay, and was explicitly told they will not approve me for Marketplace insights. So I guess you can forget about it. There is no alternative, and this shows how eBay treats developers who invested time and money on mastering their APIs.

· 1 · Share

Same, had over 100k users. I'm have genuinely no idea what the criteria is for being accepted, so frustrating that they won't even provide a reason. At this point, even if they did provide access, I'll take my time and skills elsewhere.

0 Likes 0 · ·
clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·

Depending on your design, you could log item numbers of interest with Browse or Finding APIs while they are live and pull the sales data from Shopping API after the items end. Terms may apply to data storage.

cj_luzer avatar image
0 Likes"
cj_luzer answered ·

i cannot open a ticket without premium support

anyone know how to get a ebay business approval?

· 1 · Share

Can you clarify what you mean by business approval? Submitting an App Check form or apply for Marketplace API?

0 Likes 0 · ·
eram_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
eram_developersupport answered ·

Hi @goldenb0y,

An alternative to the findCompletedItems call is the Marketplace Insights API, but please note that this API is restricted and requires eBay Business approval for access

REF: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/buy/marketplace-insights/overview.html

REF: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/buy/static/ref-marketplace-supported.html

Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support

· 1 · Share

Thanks but it’s not really an alternative when no one is being approved.

1 Like 1 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.