question

jm_chasco avatar image
1 Like"
jm_chasco asked ·

Questions about Browse API / item_summary / search

I've been told to replace my old findItemsByKeywords web app by a Browse API app, but i'm finding several problems to emulate past performance.
I'm combining filter=deliveryCountry parameter with X-EBAY-C-MARKETPLACE-ID header, as i want to point the user to the right ebay checkout site.
But i'm getting very limited results compared to findItemsByKeywords. For example for a given key, that returns 12 results in findItemsByKeywords or ebay.XX site, i only get 8 using item_summary/search.

Questions,
- is there no other way than X-EBAY-C-MARKETPLACE-ID to generate weblinks to a given Ebay ? without this header all the products links are generated to Ebay.com , but i want them to be to the closest Ebay to the user.
- how i can tell API to perform a Worldwide search, with the only condition that items can be delivered to a given country ?

The old itemFilter(0).name=AvailableTo and GLOBAL-ID from Finding API searches worldwide, but the new Browse API always use the "predefined" Location for the items, limiting the number of results.
As example this is Browse API gives you the default results from a marketplace (8 Results), like here:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=1%2F72+Amodel+White+Knight&_sacat=0
But i want to get also the additional results under "eBay international sellers" , 4 more results.

Those from international sellers are missed in the API :(.

browse apibuyapiitem_summary search
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Maybe that query is not the best sample, as still you have 8 results, but other keywords only International sellers have the products, so Browse API just tell you there are 0 products.. while there many products available from International sellers, and that is a real problem.

0 Likes 0 · ·

So this is all, no answer ? We have to put with less powerful options as Future and there is no option ?

0 Likes 0 · ·

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.