question

garranso1 avatar image
0 Likes"
garranso1 asked ·

How does AuctionCheckoutComplete handle a basket of items?

This is my first ebay integration ...

I have enabled the AuctionCheckoutComplete notification for my sandbox test seller account. When using the Sandbox UI, I am able to use a sandbox buyer account to purchase items from my buyer. This action successfully triggers the notification, and I receive it into my API.

What I can't test (mainly due to issues using the Sandbox UI) is what happens in a scenario where a buyer purchases multiple items (a basket of things). Do I get a notification per item in my basket, or do I get a single notification containing multiple items?

The GetItemTransactionResponse XML schema is confusing (to me). I can see a single Item element, but then there are multiple Transaction elements. Can anyone help me here? One way of resolving this is to enable my live seller account - and do my testing there - but I'm reluctant.

Obviously, if we had a fully functional Sandbox environment, this would not be a problem. I am making a big assumption that it's an issue with the Sandbox and not my local setup :)

platform notificationsauctioncheckoutcomplete
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·

HI @garranso1,

For multiple line item orders, an AuctionCheckoutComplete notification is only generated for one of the line items in the order. Please refer to the below doc for more details:
https://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/reference/ebay/types/NotificationEventTypeCodeType.html

GetItemTransactions returns the item's order line items in a TransactionArray object. This container has zero, one, or multiple order line items associated with the respective ItemID, with each order line item contained in a Transaction object.
REF: https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/GetItemTransactions.html

Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.