question

perfectlooklondon avatar image
0 Likes"
perfectlooklondon asked

Platform notification is not working

Hi,

With all due respect, the eBay sandbox is completely unstable and broken and can not be tested with many of the APIs, including Trading, Ordering APIs, etc.

We are forced to test everything for such scenarios in the production environment.

Either way, I'm not going to brag it. The forum is already full of similar questions that are left unanswered for no reason at all.

My only question is at the moment, I have completely configured the Production Platform notification, Delivery method both web server and failed notifications are enabled for email.

When we made a real purchase from eBay, there was no notification received to the URL endpoint.

We have already tested the endpoint and it's working fine accepting the notification calls in JSON/XML calls, but it did not work for the live orders.

Thanks

notificationsorder notifications
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

manish_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
manish_developersupport answered

Hi perfectlooklondon,

The Platform Notification calls GetNotificationPreferences and SetNotificationPreferences work with OAuth as outlined above, however your application needs to be white listed in order to receive platform notifications. Please contact Developer Technical Support for details on getting your application white listed.

Best Regards,

eBay Developer Support

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lazc_41 avatar image lazc_41 commented ·

Hello manish_developersupport ,

If this is the case, why its not in API documentation. It may save a lot of time and money.

Thanks,

1 Like 1 ·
llanexchange avatar image llanexchange commented ·

So we need to pay $75 for you to white list our application?

0 Likes 0 ·
elenaort4 avatar image
0 Likes"
elenaort4 answered

from my side is the other way around - iPhone Xr is receiving notifications just fine, but I don't receive any push notifications on android phones. Tried both mine Xiaomi Pocophone F1 and Huawei Mate 10 Pro. Same issue..

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.