question

nochkin avatar image
0 Likes"
nochkin asked ·

Captcha loop when trying to login to get user token

Hello there, I'm trying to get OAuth token, but when I'm trying to login to eBay website, then I get a captcha loop. Meaning it's asking me for a captcha, I solve it, then I enter my username/password and then it asks me for another captcha. After I solve it for the second time, it is asking me for username/password again, and so on. I see there are some old topics regarding the captcha loop issue, but it seems like the issue is disappearing from time to time and then comes back. Is there something I can do on my end? It's a brand new browser's session.
oauth2oauthuser tokencaptcha
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nochkin avatar image
0 Likes"
nochkin answered ·
The captcha loop bug is still there. Some users can't login because of that.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nochkin avatar image
0 Likes"
nochkin answered ·
@eram_developersupport, Thanks for the response. I understand the purpose of the captcha. I'm just reporting a possible issue when you get into the captcha loop even after resolving it successfully. Here is what I tried: 1. I checked to make sure the page is completely loaded -- the same captcha loop. 2. My browser does accept the cookies and JS. When I navigate eBay website a little and then try to login, the process does not get captcha involved and everything works as expected. 3. I'm not using VPN. If I delete everything from the URL after the ".dll" part, I will not be able to get the OAuth process completed, this is not an option in my case of getting a token for a user.

eram_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
eram_developersupport answered ·
Hi @nochkin, Verification is typically used to prevent bots from attempting to sign in to your account -- by proving that you can recognize images you demonstrate that you are not a bot. Sometimes when eBay changes the sign-in process, it causes problems for some users; sometimes those problems are due to using an old browser or obsolete cookies. If you are having issues signing in or getting stuck in a verification loop or stuck with a verification page that does not work, here are my general sign-in tips and recommendations: Make sure you are allowing the sign-in page to load completely before attempting to sign in -- others have indicated that attempting to sign in before the page has loaded can cause problems. Make sure your browser is set to accept cookies, or try another browser. Make sure your browser allows javascript. VPNs can also cause sign-in issues, so try disabling yours if you use one. If you still have problems, when you get to a sign-in page again, delete everything in the URL after the .dll part, so that the address looks like this: https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll Then hit 'enter' to load that page -- that should give you the old pre-Facebook sign-in. Once you have signed in there, if eBay gives you another new sign-in page or verification page, click on the eBay logo to go to the main page, and you should be signed in at that point. Hope this will resolve your issue!!!! Best Regards, eBay Developers Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.