question

michow3321 avatar image
0 Likes"
michow3321 asked ·

Best Offer Final Prices

New here - where are the final Best Offer Prices? The ones in findCompletedItems aren't final. Can they be gotten from one of the APIs? Marketplace API? Terrapeak API? Any help appreciated, new here trying to figure out where to get those final prices How can I get access to test the Marketplace API? Thanks in advance
bestoffer
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

micveh-71 avatar image
0 Likes"
micveh-71 answered ·

@michow3321 what is your email? It would be great to hear about what you are working on, I could possibly help you with this.

· 1 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hey - that was me as "Michow3321" (he's my business partner) - feel free to reach out I would love to talk. Possibly can help each other

j.pudfark@mail.com

0 Likes 0 · ·
fourstar77 avatar image
0 Likes"
fourstar77 answered ·

It seems that sites like https://130point.com/sales/ is able to get best offer prices on a consistent basis. Haven't been able to figure out how they are doing it, but supposedly it requires authenticating in to eBay. Best offer prices are absolutely crucial, especially in my area (collectibles) as people commonly post items for sale at outrageous prices and accept best offers at 50-80% of the listed price. Representing the listed price as the sales price is practically criminal and can cause inflated listing asking prices. I'd think providing API access to best offer prices (AND prices accepted through eBay messaging) should be a top priority.

michow3321 avatar image
0 Likes"
michow3321 answered ·
@helios825 Thanks for the response. I tend to agree with you, I've been digging and haven't found those prices yet. Good pointer on the Marketplace API, was wondering about that too. I'll post here or in one of the other threads if I find it Thanks

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
At this point, I'm about 80%-90% sure that the actual/final selling price for Best Offer items has been removed from all eBay APIs. It was in Finding API (findCompletedItems) until approximately August 2019, then removed. It was in 1 of the Trading API calls (perhaps the one you just mentioned, but I'm not sure), but someone in the forum here several months ago noted it wasn't working anymore. You may have come across that forum thread in your research. I quickly tested the Marketplace Insights API for that earlier this year (I have limited access), and it's not in there either. I'm not sure if Terapeak is around anymore (they were bought by eBay itself) or still has an API. Maybe keep digging around inside the Trading API ?

michow3321 avatar image
0 Likes"
michow3321 answered ·
Hi Still trying to figure out the Best Offer final pricing. There are posts but nothing concrete. I've tried the finding APIs and a couple of others but no luck. Working on Marketplace API access to see what might be there, but based on what I've heard I'm pessimistic. GetBestOffers doesn't seem to be what I need, maybe I'm not using it correctly? Can you get final Best Offer prices from the Marketplace API? Does Terrapeak have an API? Have looked at other posts about this and there's no real answers. Anyone??? Thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.