question

artitmediauk avatar image
0 Likes"
artitmediauk asked ·

The API call "GetCategoryFeaturesRequest" is invalid or not supported in this release.

I tried to post tens of times but got frozen on the login screen Extremely annoying. Still gonna try until I get through... I get this error when I try the "GetCategoryFeaturesRequest" call. In the API explorer it works but not from the PHP script. Note, other calls (like Additem) work fine. The Api version I use is: 1161 My detailed xml call is: AgAAAA**** en_US High ReturnAll 57974 ConditionValues Thank you for your time!
getcategoryfeaturesgetcategoryfeaturescall
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
artitmediauk answered ·
I understand that, but ebay can obviously say it's my fault for some reason or another and charge me and I STRONGLY believe it's not a charge us as developers should support. Even if we'd have maybe something wrong in the code or account settings, you should give guidance (or have documentation, which in this case I couldn't find any). Sorry, you have full access to my account, I gave code example and details about error here, so you have all the info to debug the issue and communicate here. I am happy to share it with the dev. community as I found quite a few other people get this error. I have no idea why should I write another post in the paid support if not for the only reason to be charged? So, I'm afraid I'll give it a miss for time being, as I don't have money to spend on this. Man, ebay becomes so much more disapointing as it grows. Too bad it's such a big monster and you kinda have to deal with it... :(

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eram_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
eram_developersupport answered ·
Hi @artitmediauk, You need not pay $75/hour this is one-time payable after that you can file a support request for any issue for which you need help and if the bug is at our end then we don't charge for it. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

0 Likes"
artitmediauk answered ·
Thank you very much for your answer. I looked at that link and I activated the support, but it seems to ask me to BUY some hours before subitting any ticket. If that is the case, I am afraid I cannot afford $75/hour (!!!) for something that should work in the first place. This actually makes me seriously reconsider my avearage earning as a FULL stack dev of less than half of that... Sorry, when you say "I will not be charged", can I ask who will decide that? Also, why is that decision taken AFTER I already payed some amount of money? All that seems very weird. It's like ebay is never content with the money they get which is already quite heavy on the sales. (BTW I just recently realizes ebay charges THE SHIPPING too!!!) I had no idea they do that... So you already lose from the sale the money you pay for the shipping, but no, ebay says, let's charge them extra for their losses :)) I don't know, all of this makes me laugh my head off instead of hitting it against the walls :))) I agree ebay should charge for some CUSTOM scripts that they do THEMSELVES, but not for debugging their own errors. Actually, thinking about it, WE, the external devs should get payed because we help debugging the system and notify ebay about errors and help fixing them. Finally, the point is that I'm not making any money from using this API, I'm wasting a lot of time to read and try to make the script work and bottom line is even if I'd make any money, the gain is all your, as I'm only bringing SALES to your platform through the products I add or actions I trigger with the scripts. So, can you possibly look into my account without me payin upfront a lot of money for something that is obviously flaky in the API and there's no documentation about. THank you very much.

eram_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
eram_developersupport answered ·
Hi @artitmediauk Please submit a technical support request here - https://developer.ebay.com/my/support/tickets as more details of your developer account are required to triage the issue and you will not be charged if it is a bug. Regards, eBay Developers Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.