question

marktreffel avatar image
0 Likes"
marktreffel asked ·

orders.lineItems.refunds not always present

Hi, The Ebay API spec states that orders.lineItems.refunds should always be present, but can be empty if there is no refund. I retrieved an order that had a refund section outside of the lineItems in orders.paymentSummary.refunds, but not in the linItems at all. i.e. It wasn't present and empty, but actually not present at all. Does anyone know why the spec is not being followed, and whether this is normal? Also with orders that have had a partial/full refund, in the data I get back will there be just one order that has had it's orderPaymentStatus updated to PARTIALLY_REFUNDED or FULLY_REFUNDED, or are there several orders with linked order id with the original sale in one, and the refund in the other. i.e. do orders that have had refunds, just get updated with a new orderPaymentStatus value, but still keeping it in one single bit of data, or does doing a refund leave the initial order entry as is, and just create a new one with a orderPaymentStatus of PARTIALLY_REFUNDED or FULLY_REFUNDED. Thanks, /Mark.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marktreffel avatar image
0 Likes"
marktreffel answered ·
Hi, My question isn't about Order ID, it's a general question about interpreting the API spec for getOrders. I'm talking about the spec stating that orders.lineItems.refunds should always be present, but I received some data where orders.lineItems.refunds didn't exist. I've attached a snapshot of the spec and also the json that I have that contradicts the spec with regard to the lack of an empty refunds array fields within the lineItems. Am I misunderstanding something? !["lineItems": [ { "lineItemId": "10025943488727", "legacyItemId": "293165093797", "sku": "GOOD_SU0776A-2FC", "title": "Goodridge Acero Carrera Latiguillos Frenos Delanteros para Suzuki GSXR750 Wr-Ws", "lineItemCost": { "value": "79.84", "currency": "USD", "convertedFromValue": "70.32", "convertedFromCurrency": "EUR" }, "quantity": 1, "soldFormat": "FIXED_PRICE", "listingMarketplaceId": "EBAY_ES", "purchaseMarketplaceId": "EBAY_ES", "lineItemFulfillmentStatus": "NOT_STARTED", "total": { "value": "90.69", "currency": "USD", "convertedFromValue": "79.87", "convertedFromCurrency": "EUR" }, "deliveryCost": { "shippingCost": { "value": "10.84", "currency": "USD", "convertedFromValue": "9.55", "convertedFromCurrency": "EUR" } }, "appliedPromotions": [], "taxes": [], "properties": { "buyerProtection": true }, "lineItemFulfillmentInstructions": { "minEstimatedDeliveryDate": "2020-06-16T22:00:00.000Z", "maxEstimatedDeliveryDate": "2020-07-06T22:00:00.000Z", "shipByDate": "2020-06-15T22:59:59.000Z", "guaranteedDelivery": false } } ][1] [1]: /storage/temp/2953-ebaylineitemsrefund.png The second part of the question again is a general interpretation of the spec. I want to make sure that when a refund is made it just adds data into an existing order, and doesn't create a new order duplicating the sale part but with additional refund data. Thanks, /Mark.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jitendra_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
jitendra_developersupport answered ·
Hi @marktreffel, OrderID is a unique ID, If you are entering Order ID in the request you will get the details of that order only. Can you please share with us the RlogID of API call? You can find the RlogID in response header of call. Regards, eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.