question

micveh-71 avatar image
0 Likes"
micveh-71 asked ·

Find Completed Items API vs Marketplace Insights API,Marketplace Insights API vs Find Completed Items API

Hi, What are the benefits of going with the Marketplace Insights API over the Find Completed Items API? I am developing an app to analyse sold items prices to inform buyers and encourage them to make purchases on Ebay. It will assist both buyers and sellers. Is it possible to cache data for a short period of time? 24-48 hours? I asked premium support if this was possible but I was just directed to Marketplace Insights API. Though if this can be achieved through Find Completed Items API, it seems easier to begin with this API before transitioning across the Marketplace Insights API? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. ,Hi, What are the benefits of going with the Marketplace Insights API over the Find Completed Items API? I am developing an app to analyse sold items prices to inform buyers and encourage them to make purchases on Ebay. It will assist both buyers and sellers. Is it possible to cache data for a short period of time? 24-48 hours? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
findcompleteditemsmarketplace insights api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

indian-arrowhead avatar image
0 Likes"
indian-arrowhead answered ·
how do i get more clicks and sales ? if I am promoting ebal listings, and only click away to first presentation, I am not making any as a publisher only if item sales, were I get a small persentage, I have tride socilal marketing and submitting links throu free andvertising through SUBMITX, my graph shows activity through ebay but on 5-clicks, no sale, its getting discouraged, because EBPN is my partner. Sincerely, Jerry

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

indian-arrowhead avatar image
0 Likes"
indian-arrowhead answered ·
how do i get more clicks and sales ? if I am promoting ebal listings, and only click away to first presentation, I am not making any as a publisher only if item sales, were I get a small persentage, I have tride socilal marketing and submitting links throu free andvertising through SUBMITX, my graph shows activity through ebay but on 5-clicks, no sale, its getting discouraged, because EBPN is my partner. Sincerely, Jerry

ertil15 avatar image
0 Likes"
ertil15 answered ·
I've also been searching for a way to access sold items data such as price. It would be great do some price trends etc for selected products. Marketplace Insight seems like the best way to do it but it is "Limited Release" or invite-only basically. I've searched around a bit but couldn't find an API to hit which would give me this information. Has anyone found a way?

ohadohad2 avatar image
0 Likes"
ohadohad2 answered ·
@sanjiv_developersupport can we get some clear instructions / criteria to get MarketPlaceInsight API ? I tried submitting a request via a premium support ticket, but it's still pending for months. Why is it so hard to get access, or a clear answer? Wasn't this created to be used by developers? @ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com maybe you can help?

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·
@micveh-71, Ah I see, it was my bad. I have edited my above reply Browse API doesn't give us completed/sold data. You will need to use MarketPlaceInsight API and for the access, you will need approval, which can be asked with this process: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/buy/marketplace-insights/overview.html#API

micveh-71 avatar image
0 Likes"
micveh-71 answered ·
@sanjiv_developersupport thank you for your response. Does Browse API allow me to gain access to sold items price data? I may be confused though is marketplace insights api within the browse api you mentioned? I thought it was within ‘buy api’. If so, it seems difficult to obtain access to whereas competed items api seems easier? Also I read the licence agreement which was suggested to me by premium support when I asked about caching the data for a short time period and from reading this it seems that it would not violate the agreement. It would also not be any personal information which seemed to be of great importance in the terms. Your help is really appreciated!

erateexercis-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
erateexercis-0 answered ·
@micveh-71 did you get access to the Marketplace insights API?

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·
Hi @micveh-71, I'm not sure if you will be able to cache data for a time period but Finding API is legacy API and eBay is moving to RESTFUL API's i.e we recommend you to use MarketPlace Insight API instead of Finding API.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.