question

jedilofty avatar image
0 Likes"
jedilofty asked ·

Downloading managed payments data using a .Net console application,Accessing Managed Payments from a .Net Console Application

I'm very new to the eBay Developers Program, so please bear with me! The company I work for sells through a variety of channels. We download payment data from PayPal and Adyen using console applications that I've written, which run as windows scheduled tasks, and I'd like to do the same for our eBay managed payments. We have three different eBay accounts, and each one will have its own set of managed payments. My questions are as follows: 1. I can't see anything about managed payments or the Finance API in the .Net SDK. Am I better off ignoring that and doing it the longhand way using HttpWebRequest objects? 3. How do I obtain an oAuth object? All the methods I've come across require a return URL and, as this is a console application, it does not make use of URLs. I have the usernames and passwords of the three accounts - is there a way to authenticate them without invoking a web page? Thanks, in advance! ,Let me start by mentioning that I'm very new to the eBay Developers Program! My company sells through multiple channels and payments from PayPal and Adyen are downloaded using command line applications written in .Net that are launched via Task Scheduler, and we are looking to do that same for eBay Managed Payments I've looked through a lot of documentation for both the APIs themselves, and the .Net SDK and I feel like I'm going round in circles. I have a couple of questions: 1. The .Net SDK doesn't appear to have anything related to Managed Payments - am I right in thinking that I have to ditch that and make the calls using an HttpWebRequest object? 2. As the calls will be made from a console application I can't pop up a login page to generate an oAuth token. I know the username and passwords for the three eBay accounts - is there a way to pass these over from the program? All the documentation I've seen so far talks about return URLs - as this is a console application, not a web app, this is not applicable for me; is there something I'm missing? Thanks, in advance, for your help.
.NETmanaged payments
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Jedilofty, have you managed to achieve this? I have same query - need to download payment data to backoffice system as an automated task, and hitting same queries as you. Seller account is definitely live on managed payments.

0 Likes 0 · ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
eram_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
eram_developersupport answered ·
Hi @jedilofty, Currently, eBay Managed Payment is only for some sellers. You receive a notification, then you will need to register by he communicated deadline. This will ensure your business does not experience any disruptions after the deadline has passed. If you haven’t received a notification yet, there is no other action required at this time. We are notifying sellers whose current use of features and tools is compatible with managed payments. Most sellers will be enabled for managed payments in 2020, and all sellers will eventually be required to have eBay manage their payments in order to sell on the marketplace. REF: https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/managed-payments-on-ebay.html#m22_tb_a1__2 Best Regards, eBay Developer Support
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.