question

a2hgo avatar image
0 Likes"
a2hgo asked ·

Affiliate Link Generation

Hi Is it possible to dynamically create an affiliate link to an eBay item (either on the official eBay site or app)? I’m writing an iOS native app which displays a list of items on eBay. If the user wants to buy I’d like to link them to the item on the eBay site/app to buy but with my affiliate ID. Is that possible?
affiliate
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

a2hgo avatar image
0 Likes"
a2hgo answered ·
Hi thanks so much for your response, good to know we can construct them manually. I do have a further EPN related question so I'll head over there to post it. Thanks again.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Yes, you are allowed to automate the creation of eBay/ePN affiliate links. I don't think ePN has published anything definitive about how to script your own links, but many of us have been doing so ("rolling our own links") for many many years now. The general guidelines are to learn how the ePN Link Generator creates links, then mimic the format on your own. Know that there have been 2 or 3 "generations" of affiliate "rover" link formats over the years, and they should all generally be backward compatible. Some of us long-timers use an earlier format and have learned to strip out extraneous parameters and stick to just what's necessary. Best if you come over to the ePN forum to get detailed questions answered about this topic. The pro's are over there. Here's a munged link: hxxps://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Partner-Network/gp-p/ebay-partner-network I'm not aware of anything special we can do to our rover links to specify landing in the eBay app or on eBay's websites. We just have to trust that eBay does the best thing, and tracks correctly.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.