question

tecsys_2009 avatar image
0 Likes"
tecsys_2009 asked ·

Error, Code: 1.21, IP limit exceeded.

I get the below message; 'GetSingleItem: Class: RequestError, Severity: Error, Code: 1.21, IP limit exceeded.Applications from this IP address are limited in the number of calls they can make.' I build in a 1.5 sec delay, how long will it take before I can make calls again?
ip limit exceeded
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Usually if you reach a daily limit, you have to wait until midnight (USA Pacific Time) before your daily quota gets reset. I'm a bit unsure how eBay doles out IP limits though. Back in the day, the daily 5K limit applied *per* IP address (IIRC). Then, I sorta recall they merged that into a unified daily quota that didn't distinguish by IP address. But maybe they still have a sub-limit per IP? Not sure. In any case, be sure you don't have your AppID exposed in client-side code, otherwise anyone can easily swipe it and exhaust your quota and steal API access from you.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.