question

shjac2319 avatar image
0 Likes"
shjac2319 asked ·

Timeout error with GetNotificationsUsage call

Hello, I am using the Trading API (SDK python) to get notifications for my account (GetNotificationsUsage). The call works in the ebay sandbox, but not in the production mode. I get a timeout error: Exception has occurred: ReadTimeout HTTPSConnectionPool(host=' api.ebay.com', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=20) Here is the code for the call: if __name__ == '__main__': api = Connection(appid=somevalue, \ devid=somevalue, \ certid=somevalue, \ token=somevalue, \ config_file = None, domain = " api.ebay.com", debug=True) request = { 'EndTime': '2020-07-15T08:00:00.768Z', 'ItemID': someitemID, 'StartTime': '2020-07-11T08:00:00.768Z', 'Version': '1149' } response = api.execute('GetNotificationsUsage', request)
pythontimeoutgetnotificationsusagecall
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·
Hi @jagass27, Glad to know you fixed it! Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jagass27 avatar image
0 Likes"
jagass27 answered ·
I managed to solve the problem by specifying a higher timeout value. Thanks!

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·
Hi @ Please check your Listener URL. Notifications are only delivered to port 80 and it is not necessary to specify the port number in your URL. Make sure your Platform Listener URL is not behind a firewall and is completely accessible. If your URL is not accessible, it will be noted as a timeout from the GetNotificationsUsage call: [Notification HttpEventSender Error: com.ebay.kernel.service.invocation.client.exception.ReceivingTimeoutException: Socket read from www.samplelistener.com timed out after 3,000 milli-seconds.] Please refer below KB article for more details: REF: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=706 Best Regards eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.