question

antonycartwrightelectronicsandcode avatar image
0 Likes"
antonycartwrightelectronicsandcode asked ·

GetNotificationsUsageCall Timing Out

Hi Everyone, I've been stuck on this for 2 days now. Basically, I'm writing an ASP.NET stock management app. When a website sells stock, it updates ebay - this works perfectly. When ebay sells stock, it's supposed to send a notification, but nothing is being received as far as I can see. In the development environment, if I send a notification to the asmx page, it works fine. When i upload to the server, it breaks. I have no idea why. I've followed 100 threads about TLS 1.2. Nothing fixes it. Anyway, just out of curiosity, I wondered if ebay has actually tried to send notifications, but it just won't work either. I request usage with the GetNotificationsUsageCall call, and it just times out. I want to cry. I priced a days work, and it's now taken 3 days. 2 of those days just going through hundreds of threads, desperately trying anything remotely connected. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Antony
getnotificationsusagecall
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

antonycartwrightelectronicsandcode avatar image
0 Likes"
antonycartwrightelectronicsandcode answered ·
ApiAccount apia = new ApiAccount(); apia.Application = txtApplication.Text; apia.Certificate = txtCertificate.Text; apia.Developer = txtDeveloper.Text; eBayAccount ebaya = new eBayAccount(); ebaya.UserName = txtEbayUsername.Text; ebaya.Password = txtEbayPassword.Text; ApiCredential apic = new ApiCredential(); apic.ApiAccount = apia; apic.eBayAccount = ebaya; apic.eBayToken = txtEbayToken.Text; ApiContext Context = new ApiContext(); Context.ApiCredential = apic; Context.SoapApiServerUrl = txtSOAPServer.Text; Context.Site = eBay.Service.Core.Soap.SiteCodeType.UK; GetNotificationsUsageCall api = new GetNotificationsUsageCall(Context); api.Execute();

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·
Hi @antonycartwrightelectronicsandcode, Which API version you are using? have you tried with the latest one? I'd say please file a [support ticket][1] as In order to better assist you we will need more data from you, some of which may be private information and we do not want to expose it on public forums. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/my/support/tickets

tgygui avatar image
0 Likes"
tgygui answered ·
Hi there, OP: can you solve your problems? Can anyone confirm that whether eBay platform notification system works or not? I receive no notifications at all and GetNotificationUsage returns with empty statistics. Regards

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.