question

etrob47 avatar image
0 Likes"
etrob47 asked ·

What sort of analytics can I perform with the FindingAPI?

I am currently developing an app for sports card collecting. As of now the app is able to show eBay results for a specific card. I would also like for the app to derive the low and median price for the card as well. I know the API guidelines say that I cannot derive the median price of a category, but since it is for an individual product am I able to do so? If so can I also save the pricing info for the user? If not can I save only the price of a single card for the user so that they know the approximate price of their card? Thanks in advance and hope everyone is doing well!
apifinding-apifinding api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·
Hi @etrob47, It probably depends on your use case as storing data is not a good practice to do For example, what do you intend to do with the stored data? Compile aggregate information? Publish it online? Is your business model encouraging eBay's buying or selling behavior? I'd say please file a [compatible app check][1] and check if your application can run into the eBay ecosystem with your desire use case. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/my/support/tickets?tab=app-check
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.