question

eldk64 avatar image
0 Likes"
eldk64 asked ·

Finding API is responding with error 400 on 1/2, 1/3 request - no change from my side

Hello, Finding API is throwing aleatory 400 error since a few days (happened 1/3 to 1/2 on the same request) . Nothing has been changed for 2-3 month on my side. I can't post request url here as when I do it my post is moderate then suppressed. I'll should give you some example request when I will be allowed to put it in a post. One example is [here]( https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Partner-Network/Something-is-happening-with-shopping-API/gpm-p/31020008#M2653) Thanks, Eric
finding-api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

challenge-timer avatar image
0 Likes"
challenge-timer answered ·
For me for the last 2 days it's 500. Have not changed my app for the last 60 days... Error\":{ \"errorMessage\": [{\"error\":[ {\"errorId\":[\"2030\"], \"domain\":[\"CoreRuntime\"], \"severity\":[\"Error\"], \"category\":[\"System\"], \"message\":[\"Internal error: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: NAMESPACE_ERR: An attempt is made to create or change an object in a way which is incorrect with regard to namespaces.\"], \"subdomain\":[\"System\"], \"parameter\": [{\"@name\":\"Param1\",\"__value__\":\"org.w3c.dom.DOMException: NAMESPACE_ERR: An attempt is made to create or change an object in a way which is incorrect with regard to namespaces.\"}]}]} ]}, \"status\":500, \"statusText\":\"Internal Server Error\" }"

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Something similar came up in another thread (I think over in the ePN forum). User Clickimusprime astutely noticed 1 of the errors that may also apply here: Use (parentheses) to enumerate your filters, not [brackets] . That may fix it for you, suggesting that the API all along was being generous in allowing incorrect bracketed syntax to often parse ok.

bobw6y44 avatar image
0 Likes"
bobw6y44 answered ·
Just to follow up on this, this query works: https://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-VERSION=1.13.0&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&SECURITY-APPNAME= &RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON&REST-PAYLOAD=True&paginationInput.pageNumber=1&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=100&sortOrder=StartTimeNewest&categoryId=214&descriptionSearch=False and this does not: https://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-VERSION=1.13.0&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&SECURITY-APPNAME= &RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON&REST-PAYLOAD=True&paginationInput.pageNumber=1&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=100&sortOrder=StartTimeNewest&categoryId=214&descriptionSearch=False⁢emFilter[0].name=StartTimeFrom⁢emFilter[0].value=2020-06-18T00:42:05.0000000

bobw6y44 avatar image
0 Likes"
bobw6y44 answered ·
This is happening for me also and happens (also started about a week ago) and happens whenever an aspectFilter or itemFilter is added to the query. Anything I can do to help, let me know

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·
Hi @eldk64, I'm able to make successful Finding API calls. Which FInding API call is failing for you? Can you please share the sample request? Best Regards eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.