question

rkmullapudi avatar image
0 Likes"
rkmullapudi asked ·

How do I get item_id for Browse API

Hi, Do you know how to get item_id in Browse API. I went through all the documentation and API reference calls, but I did not have luck to find item_id list. I tried the item_id that are given in examples but my request was not successful. URL: https://api.sandbox.ebay.com/buy/browse/v1/item/162846450672 Result: { "errors": [ { "errorId": 11001, "domain": "API_BROWSE", "category": "REQUEST", "message": "The specified item Id was not found." } ] } Regards, RK
browse api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
1 Like"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·
Hi @rkmullapudi, Please use the search call of browse API to get item_id: Here is the link of Search call: https://developer.ebay.com/my/api_test_tool?index=0≈i=browse&call=item_summary_search__GET&variation=json&env=sandbox Best Regards eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rkmullapudi avatar image
0 Likes"
rkmullapudi answered ·
Hi Sanjiv, Thank you for your answer, which helps me to extract some listings. I've to say this is the first ever eBay API that worked for me. I've a question though. I noticed Bearer token expires after some time. We need to automate this to get Oauth token in our application. Basically I wanted to know, is it ok to automate the process of getting Oauth token and also I would like to know your recommendations or pointers to acheive this. I'm wondering whether there is a separate API to extract the tokens so that we can avoid scripting. Please advice. Thanks, ~Ram

rkmullapudi avatar image
0 Likes"
rkmullapudi answered ·
Hi, Could someone let me know if there is an API available for extracting Oauth/Bearer Token so that we can pass the token value to Browse API access. If there is no such API available, we will have to automate the processing of getting Token. Please let us know if this is allowed. Best regards, RK

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·
Hi @rkmullapudi, Yes, Browse API requires OAuth Application token which you can generate and automate this process by following this guide. REF: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/oauth-client-credentials-grant.html Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.