question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended asked

Can i get somehow ebay categories that saler have products in?

Hello everybody. I got a problem with adding some functionality and did not found solution in documentation.

I need to add to my site functionality that allows me to enter seller id and map seller categories to categories on my site.

Here is my problem.

I've found a way how to get custom categories from ebay store (thanks to this forum and Josh from developers support).

But if seller have no store, then products connected to ebay categories. 

But seller have products only in a few categories, not in all. 

Can i get, somehow, a list of ebay categories that seller have products in? 

I was checking documentation for a while and trying api call via api test tool, but did not found solution. It is possible that i missed something, there are a lot of information. 

thanks

saler-categories
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered

Hi,

Unfortunately we do not have anything like this....not directly any ways.  You can use something like the GetSellerlist API, http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/GetSellerList.... And you can use the output selectors to minimize the data that comes back.  But you still would need to parse through and grab all the unique PrimaryCategoryID.

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.