question

kula5486 avatar image
0 Likes"
kula5486 asked

Inventory management without human interaction?

My client has an ebay store as well as their won website. They want to sell the same inventory on both - actually on the website, on ebay as well as their physical store. On ebay Inventory API it looks like I need to enter the userid and password to get the user token every time to use Inventory API to update quantity. That means the system is unable to do this automatically, some human has to be part of the interaction. How can I update the amount of available quantity in eBay whenever the customer sells something in their website or on their physical store? I am trying to find a way for their website and physical store checkout system to automatically update the eBay inventory.
inventory apioauth2 oauth
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kula5486 avatar image
0 Likes"
kula5486 answered
Should I have asked this question in the oAuth side of the forum? Am I barking up the wrong tree here? All I want to do is update the amount of inventory available for sale on ebay whenever the customer sells that item in the store, if its 0 then I want to make sure the item get de-listed from ebay. Can this be done without the customer having to manually login? Can my application (written in NodeJS be programmed to do this without human intervention OR do I ned to prompt the customer to login using their credentials to grant my application access each time?
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

naizarak2 avatar image
0 Likes"
naizarak2 answered
you need to use a refresh token to generate new access tokens. access tokens last 2 hours. refresh tokens last 1.5 years and can generate an unlimited number of access tokens without requiring user sign-in (unless the user revokes your app authorization or changes their username/password) see the last section of this tutorial: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/oauth-authorization-code-grant.html also, if your client already has listings on eBay that were created conventionally through the website, then you must use the Trading API to modify them. the inventory API can only be used for listings created through its own methods. alternatively you can convert listings from the Trading to the Inventory model, however this isn't recommended as your client will lose the ability to edit them through the site
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.