question

micveh-71 avatar image
0 Likes"
micveh-71 asked ·

How to register for EPN without an app developed

I am trying to obtain access to Marketplace Insights API for completed items (5000 call limit) however premium support suggested I go through EPN. I cant register for EPN without providing a link to my app, though I cant develop the app without the API access through the EPN. Is anyone able to provide some insight to this? Is it possible to register for EPN without a developed app? Or is it possible to gain access to API on sold items before registering for EPN and going through Marketplace Insights?
apimarketplace insights apiepn
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Hmm, that's strange. You should have Sandbox access right away. Are you following all the steps for generating a refresh token, specifying scopes, etc? Have you used the API Explorer in your Dev account to call Sandbox APIs successfully? I haven't tinkered with the Buy APIs in a couple years. You should ask for help over in the Buy API sub-forum, and make sure you're getting an active token properly.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

irbi_in avatar image
0 Likes"
irbi_in answered ·
Yes on sandbox as well it is asking for authorisation / saying unauthorised access for insight API calls.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Hmm, that's something of a conundrum. You should be able to access the Sandbox for Marketplace Insights (MI), which contains a predefined set of sample listings. Perhaps create a quick workup/demo of an app that uses MI/Sandbox, then apply for ePN? I'm not sure what the rules are these days for applying anew to ePN. There may be other ways to get admitted besides having an app already made.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.