question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended asked

User must have a store subscription

Hello everybody. 

I have a question about error thrown from getStore call from Trading API (http://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/GetStore.html).

I am trying to make a call to that method.

Request:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<GetStoreRequest xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">

<RequesterCredentials>

<eBayAuthToken>my user auth token</eBayAuthToken>

</RequesterCredentials>

<UserID>lets say it will be "Musicians-Friend"</UserID>

</GetStoreRequest>​

I need to get categories of that store. To be able to filter items by selected store category. And then show that items on my site. But all time I trying to call that method I getting an error.

RESPONCE:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<GetStoreResponse xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">

<Timestamp>2013-09-03T09:11:06.126Z</Timestamp>

<Ack>Failure</Ack>

<Errors>

<ShortMessage>User must have a store subscription.</ShortMessage>

<LongMessage>User must have a store subscription.</LongMessage>

<ErrorCode>13003</ErrorCode>

<SeverityCode>Error</SeverityCode>

</Errors>

<Version>837</Version>

<Build>E837_UNI_API5_16321230_R1</Build>

</GetStoreResponse>

I tried to find explanation on developer.ebay.com and by searching via google, but did not found anything usefull.

Can someone explain what I doing wrong? Or what i missed? And where i should to look for explanation of this problem?

getstoretraiding-api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered

Hi,

In order to retrieve the the store information, the user must actually have a store.  You can verify this by the UI or the API.

UI - go to ebay.com, click on the seller name, the go to "visit store".  Make sure they actually have a store and not just a list of items for a user.  here is an example, http://stores.ebay.com/entertainmentearth/.

API - GetUser API will tell you if a user has a registered store.  The problem is you  have to have permission to make an API call on behalf of this seller or have a transactional relationship with them.

To summarize you are getting the error because the seller in fact does not have a store.  If you are finding differently, please sent me the actual eBay sellerID and I will confirm either direction.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Well. I was trying to get data about this two stores

http://stores.ebay.com/Musicians-Friend
http://stores.ebay.com/Music123

it is a ebay stores right?

0 Likes 0 ·

Also. not sure i understood you correct at this part

"The problem is you  have to have permission to make an API call on behalf of this seller"

Do you mean I need to get user token for that user?

Or maybe I can gat that data somehow with my user's token?

0 Likes 0 ·
jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered

Hi,

Yes those are both stores, I am not sure what you are using for the UserID in the request, but here are the correct  user ID's,

musiciansfriend

music123

The URL won't always necessarily have the SellerID, it could be a store name alias being used.  I made a GetStore request for both of those UserID's and they both worked.

And yes I meant a user token in order to get more info from the GetUser API.  Otherwise you will only get back limited data.

Hi Josh. It looks like It started giving me some data.

Actually limited data is ok. I just need to get categories list from store. I already have the code that getting products.

Thank you very match for your help.

Just more one question. I did not looked to api yet, but, can you tell me where i can find information about how to get store owner userId?

For example owner of musicants-friend have another userId, but when i try to call getUser with <UserID>musicats-friend</UserID> it shows me some profile data

0 Likes 0 ·
$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered
please check i have store or not anantvijay123456

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.