question

2ndmarkets avatar image
0 Likes"
2ndmarkets asked ·

How do we delete SecondaryCategory for NON ACTIVE item in Trading API

Our use case is - we have created a new listng in our software, but the listing has not yet been launched to eBay. We realize we have added an un-necessary SecondaryCategory, so we wish to remove it. Our goal is to add an X icon next to the secondary category, and, onclick, the secondary category is deleted. I see in the trading api documentation how to do this if the listing is LIVE on ebay (i.e., Active) - but I do not see how to do it when the listing is NOT live. Can anyone help?
delete seconadry category non-active
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
2ndmarkets avatar image
0 Likes"
2ndmarkets answered ·
Since - at the point where a listing is non-active - it is outside the eBay Trading API, it exists only as a record in your internal database, then you simply execute a sql UPDATE call for that record, removing the value stored in your eBaySecondaryCategoru column. The API is not involved in this use case.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.