question

micveh-71 avatar image
0 Likes"
micveh-71 asked ·

API Find Completed Items

Hi, I am very new to this and am developing at that will require API on completed items and access to the prices for best offer accepted items. I am hiring a developer for this, though they have asked me to find out if its possible to increase the 5000 call limit on find completed items? Is this possible do you know? Also, I was looking to ask Ebay this, although I could only see the Ebay premium support option for $75 an hour, is this the only way and is it worth it? Any advice would be so helpful, thank you.
findcompleteditemssupportapi call limits
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
1 Like"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·
Hi @micveh-71, To maintain a high level of availability and provide superior quality of service, eBay limits the API call usage. The limits on the total calls and the rate at which the calls can be made depend on the API. The default API rate limits are designed for individuals and smaller businesses. If your volume increases, you can get higher limits after completing our free [Compatible Application Check][1] process. Thanks [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/support/app-check

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
"Is it at least relatively accurate?" I don't think so. Every time I've seen or heard about the Best Offer Sold Price being returned these days, the price is simply the listing/asking price that is also shown on eBay itself as well as API calls like GetSingleItem/GetMultipleItems for that item. As for getting more than 5,000 calls per day via the Marketing Insights API... I don't know how they work things for sure, but I do know that you have to get approved and explain your biz model, etc. I would imagine that since you'd be working kinda close with them to explain your app/website/model/etc during the vetting process, perhaps they'd understand if you'd need more than 5,000 calls/day. Just a hunch.

micveh-71 avatar image
0 Likes"
micveh-71 answered ·
@helios825 @sanjiv_developersupport Thank you both for your help! Is this true about the best offer price? Is it at least relatively accurate? Also, is it possible to gain access to more than 5000 api calls for completed items? I understand the default is 5000, though is there the possibility to increase this as I believe my program will heavily rely on it.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
OP: Just an FYI, from everything I've heard (and some testing myself), all of eBay's APIs no longer return the proper best offer selling price.

micveh-71 avatar image
0 Likes"
micveh-71 answered ·
Thank you @sanjiv_development , is there anyway to access more than 5000 calls a day on completed items?

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·
Hi @micveh-71, We always suggest you to check out our new restful API and for completed Item, please go through Marketplace Insights API: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/buy/marketplace-insights/overview.html which is available to the approved partners, It has 5000 calls per day default limit. Applications for access to the Marketplace Insights API are reviewed by eBay's Business and Legal teams. For details about the approval process visit - https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/buy/static/buy-requirements.html#Producti2 Best Regards eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.