question

big-saints-fan avatar image
0 Likes"
big-saints-fan asked ·

Getting HTTP 400 errors from Merchandising API

For instance, getMostWatchedItems: https://svcs.ebay.com/MerchandisingService?OPERATION-NAME=getMostWatchedItems&CONSUMER-ID=____________&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON&REST-PAYLOAD
merchandising api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
big-saints-fan answered ·
Seems to be working now. It was down for 9 days. @sanjiv_developersupport, what is the best way to notify eBay of errors like this in order to achieve a more timely resolution?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·
Hi @nalf3, Could you please check now, It is working fine.

nalf3 avatar image
0 Likes"
nalf3 answered ·
@sanjiv_developersupport any update on that? It's been a week now that it's not working! This forum is also barely functional! It's very frustrating!!!!!!

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·
Hi @nalf3, We are looking into it and will get back to you soon. Thanks

nalf3 avatar image
0 Likes"
nalf3 answered ·
Same problem here,I'm happy to see that I'm not alone. I have the same problem. Suddently 400 error when I call getMostWatchedItems...

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
I'm seeing the same thing. And yes, intermittent bug turned 100% within the past day or so. Sounds like a back-end coding bug that eBay made, and it's proliferating onto all of their Merchandising API servers. (Or did they suddenly pull the plug on the Merchandising API without any announcement? Hopefully not!)

0 Likes"
big-saints-fan answered ·
BTW, it was working fine until about two days ago when the 400s happened intermittently, but as of yesterday they are happening 100% of the time.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.