question

danssurplusdeals avatar image
0 Likes"
danssurplusdeals asked ·

findCompletedItems Approval for above 5k call limit

Based on [this previous thread][1] it seems that there is a restriction on the findCompletedItems() call. @helios825 alluded that there may be a way to be approved for above 5k limit beyond the standard app approval process. I'm looking for advice, thoughts, and direction about how to get the findCompletedItems() call limit approved for higher and whether or not that is even possible. Who should I talk to about this? @helios825 your input would very appreciated. Background: I use the findCompletedItems() call for pulling data only about sold listings. That's why this call limit is crucial to know before I hit the limit and can prepare for whatever process is necessary. If anyone knows of a different way to pull sold listing data then I'm all ears. [1]: https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/24940/how-to-bypass-the-api-call-limit-of-findcompletedi.html
findcompleteditems
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

micveh-71 avatar image
1 Like"
micveh-71 answered ·
@danssurplusdeals I am in the process of developing an app and will be encountering this issue also. How did you go on it? Was it possible to increase the call limit beyond 5k for completed items? My app developer is also having issues accessing the API to begin with, we are receiving the message of unauthorised access. Any insight from you would be greatly appreciated. @helios825 if you have any updated information on this, that would be great to hear too!,@danssurplusdeals I am in the process of developing an app and will be encountering this issue also. How did you go on it? Was it possible to increase the call limit beyond 5k for completed items? My app developer is also having issues accessing the API to begin with, we are receiving the message of unauthorised access. Any insight from you would be greatly appreciated. @helios825 if you have any updated information on this, that would be great to hear too!
·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

micveh-71 avatar image
0 Likes"
micveh-71 answered ·
@danssurplusdeals I am trying to go through the EPN process to gain access to the 5000 API calls, though it wont let me even sign up to the EPN without a current app. Will I need to develop an app before even signing up to EPN?
·

0 Likes"
danssurplusdeals answered ·
@micveh-71 I am currently going through the process through the eBay Partner Network to be approved for the Buy APIs (of which one is the Marketplace Insights API). Based on the responses I am getting, no one gets approved above a 5k call limit for the findCompletedItems call. I tried paying $75 to get a satisfying response to my question. I was just referred to EPN and the Marketplace Insights API. I'd love to hear about what you're working on. Feel free to email me: daniel@devmandan.com
·

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
I don't have much new to add here. I just don't think eBay is approving anyone for higher limits on the fCI API call. We're lucky they even still allow it to be used at the low 5K/day limit. My comments in that thread a few years ago were speculation. Basically, I was thinking back then if any approvals along those lines did happen, you'd need to really plead your case. You should open an eBay Dev Support ticket and find out for sure what the scoop is. As mentioned earlier, Marketplace Insights (MI) is what you should use. It's part of the Buy API family, the new API platform that eBay has been rolling out the past few years. It's got a whole different syntax and operating behavior compared to the Finding API. It sounds like you're pretty serious about accessing sold data at scale, so check that API out. Yes, you'd need to follow the paper trail and get approved. Then they whitelist you for the certain top-level categories that you need for your niche/vertical. And once you've jumped through the hoops and gotten to that stage, I would assume they'd allocate to you the amount of daily calls you need, even if that limit isn't pre-listed on the page mentioned earlier (perhaps because it's a bespoke limit?). Btw, you can use the Sandbox right away, without approval, to tinker with the Buy APIs and MI. (And the Sandbox works too, unlike its legacy predecessor.) I'm not sure exactly what "Limited Release" means in this case, but perhaps it simply means devs need to apply and get vetted before being granted access to the API.
·

0 Likes"
danssurplusdeals answered ·
@sanjiv_developersupport I didn't see any mention of the insights API on the API call limit page [here][1]. On that page you linked, it states: > This API does not support all of the eBay categories. Partner allowed categories need to be vetted by business and then whitelisted for that partner. Does findCompletedItems() have that restriction for eBay categories? What does it mean for call limitations since the Insights API is in a "Limited Release"? What does the approval process look like for a higher call limit? What are the limits to begin with? [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/support/api-call-limits
·

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·
Hi @danssurplusdeals, We suggest you to check out our recently released new Marketplace Insights API : https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/buy/marketplace-insights/overview.html you can get sold data.
·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.