question

jj-auto avatar image
1 Like"
jj-auto asked ·

How can I get the cost of shipping PAID BY SELLER or the cost of the shipping label?

After researching and playing with numerous eBay APIs, I have come to realize the only way to get the cost of a shipping label (as a seller), is to integrate PayPal's API as well and match and compare tracking numbers. Is there an updated API that I am unaware of that includes this information? I can see the cost paid by buyer, but if the seller pays for shipping, the cost is 0. If anyone knows the answer to this situation please let me know or drop me a link. I really don't want to have to integrate a PayPal API into my application. Thanks!
sell apipaypal
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dv2deals avatar image
0 Likes"
dv2deals answered ·
I too am very interested in this for my application. eBay does show the shipping label cost for sellers in: My eBay >> Selling >> Orders >> Shipping Labels However the API doesn't grant access to this or allow sellers to export to CSV so it's very possible to include this feature in the near future. Like @prdtools mentioned, when doing Bulk Shipping, PayPal only contains the bulk amount and doesn't itemize the costs by Order. With the introduction of eBay's own Payment system, hopefully they will include Shipping Label cost on seller's monthly invoices. This should subsequently grant developers access via the Orders API. I will continue to push for this feature in the API as it is available in eBay. We just need access! *Edit 7/3/2020: Here is the response given by eBay support in regards to this question: > Hi @dv2deals, Please note that the > shipping label functionality will > initially only be available to a > selected number of sellers which > decided by eBay itself. If you become > eligible for this you can make use of > getTransaction for the Shipping label > purchase: REF: > https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/finances/resources/transaction/methods/getTransactions > > Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

prdtools avatar image
0 Likes"
prdtools answered ·
I'm very interested in this as well. Some people have suggested getting the Paypal API and utilizing the tracking number to associate with an item/order, but I'm not sure this will work in all instances. For example in the case of ebay bulk shipping, I'm not sure if Paypal even gets the tracking #s. Does anyone have experience in getting this to work? I'm hoping this can be captured directly through the eBay API.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.