question

jeffh19702012 avatar image
0 Likes"
jeffh19702012 asked ·

Do Compatible Application Call Limits Expire

I completed a compatible application check in June 2018 and was given 1500000 calls on the trading, shopping and finding APIs. Has of today (April 1) those call limits have reset to 5000. Is this normal and do I have to reapply for compatability. Thanks
compatible application check
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
It's good to hear your Finding API elevated limit is intact. You need to contact eBay Dev Support to get this resolved, though, for Shopping API.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jeffh19702012 avatar image
0 Likes"
jeffh19702012 answered ·
Hi I can see on the reports page that my limit for the trading API has been reset to 5000. I don't actually mind that because I don't use that API anymore. With the finding and shopping ApI's I simply count the outgoing web requests. The finding API will run all day making a couple of hundred thousand calls. The shopping API gets to around 5000 then I get "Applications form this IP Address are limited in the number of calls they can make". And all calls will fail until the next day when I get another 5000. I have put in some limiting code to slow the calls down to 1 every ten seconds in case I was hitting some kind of throttle. But It's made no difference. I get 5000 and thats it. I don't know why I would keep the finding limit and lose the shopping limit. Thanks for the reply

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
That doesn't sound normal. But can you be more specific here? How do you know the limits were reverted to 5K/day on Shopping and Finding? With Trading, one can easily see the limits, but not so with Shopping & Finding.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.