question

daviga53 avatar image
0 Likes"
daviga53 asked ·

StartTimeNewest - Items being added at least with 3 minutes delay

I have been testing the finding api with sort by newest, refreshing the results every few seconds. I noticed that results are not showing up in real time but rather delayed, sometime even with a 5 minute dealy. For example: In the response, the general timestamp of the response is: 2020-03-28T23:37:27.300Z and the first item has start time of: 2020-03-28T23:34:56.000Z But I was refreshing the results every 10 seconds in the minute before that, but only on minute 37 that item that was posted on minute 34 was showing in the response. Why is this happening? Some items can be sold out within 20 seconds even. This is not useful enough. Is this done on purpose?
finding-api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
I'm not aware of a solution here, but I do know that this has been an issue for many years -- perhaps even since the launch of the Finding API back in ~2010. This delayed listing effect has been mentioned a few times here in the forum over the years, and I presume the delay is simply a limitation of the Finding API.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.