question

andy-one-de avatar image
0 Likes"
andy-one-de asked

getProductMetadataForCategories returns The specified category ID is invalid.

Hi. I'm trying to access Ebay Attributes for certain categories through API. It was functioning till certain time. Now whenever I try to use getProductMetadataForCategories, it returns Error 75040 The specified category ID is invalid. I've tried several categories and all of them returns same error. I've called GetCategories and I see my categoryId in the response as end category. { "errors": [ { "errorId": 75040, "domain": "API_CATALOG", "category": "REQUEST", "message": "The specified category ID is invalid.", "parameters": [ { "name": "fieldName", "value": "primary_category_id" }, { "name": "fieldValue", "value": "86207" } ] } ] }
catalog api error
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
andy-one-de avatar image
0 Likes"
andy-one-de answered
Hi @sanjeev_developersupport, Web Service Uri: https://api.ebay.com/commerce/catalog/v1_beta/get_product_metadata_for_categories?primary_category_id=86207 with HTTP Headers: Authorization:Bearer <Auth Token> Accept:application/json Content-Type:application/json Accept-Encoding:application/gzip X-EBAY-C-MARKETPLACE-ID:EBAY_US You can try this in API Explorer Tool
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.