question

arambecker avatar image
0 Likes"
arambecker asked

500 Error on Marketing and Recommendation API Calls

On multiple occasions now I have been getting a **500 Error** during calls to the marketing API. More specifically `Error 5009:` `There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process.` `Contact eBay developer support for assistance`. There is no specific API call associated to it, although it only happened on calls that specify a **list of Listings** (bulkCreateAdsByListingId, bulkUpdateAdsByListingId, ...). The same thing happens on during calls to the Recommendation API. It always seems to be **single Listings** that cause the problem, I can retry the same call many times without any result. But when I remove one article (weirdly the first one seems to work every time) the request passes through. My initial thought was, it is when I pass in a Listing that was ended, but the call even fails when passing Articles from **Marketing getAds** straight into the **Recommendation** API. This is extremely annoying as it pretty much breaks any application flow without any information about why the request failed.
internal server errormarketing api500 server error500error 5009recommadations api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
gomo-9149 avatar image
0 Likes"
gomo-9149 answered

Try adding the Content-Type in the header section of the API call depending on the body. Value could be either application/json or application/x-www-form-urlencoded.

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.