question

donwal_3630 avatar image
0 Likes"
donwal_3630 asked ·

Unable to generate a production oAuth Token

When I make a cURL request to generate a token for production, I'm met with the following error: { "error": "server_error", "error_description": "server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request" } **Request** curl -X POST ' https://api.sandbox.ebay.com/identity/v1/oauth2/token' -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' -H 'Authorization: Basic { {base64_client_credentials}}' -d 'grant_type=client_credentials&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;scope={ {scope}}' In Postman I'm able to generate a token via authorization screen no problem. ![alt text][1] Am I missing something in the cURL request? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. [1]: /storage/temp/2537-screen-shot-2020-03-01-at-20536-pm.png **Update** After reviewing the steps to generate a token I found that my base64 encoded client credentials were incorrect. I included the < > in the beginning and end of my "client_id:client_secret". After removing the < > encoding, and updating my base64_client_credentials, my token was generated.
tokenoauth2error 500500 server error
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
donwal_3630 avatar image
0 Likes"
donwal_3630 answered ·
After reviewing the steps to generate a token I found that my base64 encoded client credentials were incorrect. I included the < > in the beginning and end of my "client_id:client_secret". After removing the < > encoding, and updating my base64_client_credentials, my token was generated.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.