question

daviga53 avatar image
0 Likes"
daviga53 asked ·

Shopping API Bug: shows only one line of description in some cases

Very crucial bug. For some items I recently see is not showing correctly, just partially, instead of all lines just the first one is showing up.
shopping-api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
Looks like a bad template. Right click on the description area in the listing and show only this frame. You can then see the same code that the API returns for Description. They then process that to get TextDescription. That template code has multiple html body blocks, which is probably confusing their processor, which is returning just the last block. You can also fetch the Description response and use one of the many available HTML processing libraries to try to extract the text yourself. The reality is the sellers control the code and they post a lot of garbage. That's why TextDescription exists in the first place. No parse is universally successful in these circumstances. You can contact the seller if they are important to you, but the easiest way to deal with disruptions like this is to just exclude the seller or set up some sort of quick vetting process so you can review listings. There's too many, they aren't worth the effort, and most of them will have no clue how to fix it and will probably question why it's any of your business anyway.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

daviga53 avatar image
0 Likes"
daviga53 answered ·
Yes, check this item for example 152341185549. I actually find it to be a problem with a service named "crosspost it". If I use TextDescription it only returns: Product Description Powered by CrossPostit But if I use Description only it will show the actual rest of the description, but along with all the HTML tags which I don't want to see. http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetMultipleItems&responseencoding=XML&appid=[app-id]&siteid=0&version=967&IncludeSelector=TextDescription&ItemID=152341185549 example: the string: "You will be receiving the full panel" is missing from this call, but showing in the html tags call.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Which API call? Can you provide a reproducible/repeatable example we can all examine ourselves?

daviga53 avatar image
0 Likes"
daviga53 answered ·
There's no chance i'll pay even 1 cent to help a multi-billion dollar corporation like eBay to debug it's own problems. You can send me a private message or an email and I will provide the full details. that's how it should work. Not ask me for $75 to resolve eBay's own errors.

eram_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
eram_developersupport answered ·
Hi @daviga53, You have to file a Support ticket for the issue as we need some more info which we can not ask and you can't share on a public platform. File a Support ticket from here: [Premium Support][1] A support ticket is one time payable after that you can file a ticket for any further bug without any charge. Best Regards, eBay developer Support [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/my/support/tickets

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.