question

michaelhorne avatar image
1 Like"
michaelhorne asked

findItemsAdvancedRequest returns error - Can not build Money object, as Currency field is not specified in the READSET

Hello,
I have been using the following findItemsAdvancedRequest XML (at end) for years with out problems
on Friday, I started getting an error page returned of:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<findItemsAdvancedResponse xmlns="http://www.ebay.com/marketplace/search/v1/services">
<ack>Failure</ack>
<errorMessage><error><errorId>115</errorId>
<domain>Marketplace</domain>
<severity>Error</severity><category>System</category>
<message>There is error when calling search backend: Can not build Money object, as Currency field is not specified in the READSET</message>
<subdomain>Search</subdomain></error></errorMessage>
<version>1.12.0</version><timestamp>2013-08-10T15:08:03.793Z</timestamp>
<searchResult count="0"/>
<paginationOutput><pageNumber>0</pageNumber>
<entriesPerPage>100</entriesPerPage>
<totalPages>0</totalPages><totalEntries>0</totalEntries></paginationOutput>
<itemSearchURL>http://www.ebay.com/sch/12576/i.html?endtimefrom=2013-09-04T00%3A00%3A00...
</findItemsAdvancedResponse>

It should have returned 100 items the same search with lower or higher <pageNumber> works fine.
This error occurs on multiple searches, but not all searches.

Here is the XML for the search:

X-EBAY-SOA-SERVICE-NAME: FindingService
X-EBAY-SOA-OPERATION-NAME: findItemsAdvanced
X-EBAY-SOA-SERVICE-VERSION: 1.0.0
X-EBAY-SOA-GLOBAL-ID: EBAY-US
X-EBAY-SOA-SECURITY-APPNAME: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
X-EBAY-SOA-REQUEST-DATA-FORMAT: XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<findItemsAdvancedRequest xmlns="http://www.ebay.com/marketplace/search/v1/services">
<categoryId>12576</categoryId>
<keywords>(caterpillar,catterpillar,catapiller,catapillar,catepiller,catepillar,caterpiller,catipillar,catipiller,catapilliar)</keywords>
<descriptionSearch>true</descriptionSearch>
<outputSelector>SellerInfo</outputSelector>
<outputSelector>StoreInfo</outputSelector>
<SortOrder>EndTimeSoonest</SortOrder>
<paginationInput>
<pageNumber>8</pageNumber>
<entriesPerPage>100</entriesPerPage>
</paginationInput>
<itemFilter>
<name>ExcludeCategory</name>
<value>33630</value>
</itemFilter>
<itemFilter>
<name>EndTimeFrom</name>
<value>2013-09-04T00:00:00.000Z</value>
</itemFilter>
<itemFilter>
<name>EndTimeTo</name>
<value>2013-09-05T00:00:00.000Z</value>
</itemFilter>
</findItemsAdvancedRequest>

Thanks
Michael Horne

finditemsadvancedrequest
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered

I haven't looked closely at your code at all. Just saying here that I've gotten the same error message on occasion. But it's pretty rare for me, rare enough that I'm not even bothering with it.

 

If it starts happening more often, I'll probably code some detection to re-do the call automatically and see if that helps.

 

Is it happening a lot for you?

 

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michaelhorne avatar image
0 Likes"
michaelhorne answered

Well today ( Aug 15 ) my program should have pulled 266 xml files of data, there where 14 files that got the error.

I added code to re-do the call but running the same search returns the same error.

Missing those 14 files which contain up to 100 items each means that
we failed to pull about 1400 items that we might be interested in buying.

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.