question

sagedeveloper avatar image
1 Like"
sagedeveloper asked

java.net.SocketTimeoutException

Hi, we have a handful of users who are getting the following error when downloading orders: There was a problem with the connection to eBay while downloading listings, try running your synchronisation later. (java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out) We can't repeat this error. Any ideas?
java.net
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

We have the same issue with several of our customers but we're unable to replicate it our end. I have submitted a support ticket but with a 1 to 2 day response this is going to become a bigger problem. Have you had any luck resolving? We had a suspicion it was something to do with Antivirus and have had some luck disabling/removing it from the affected computer however I'm not convinced whether this was just a coincidence.
0 Likes 0 ·
ShipWorks support agent here, we are also having a handful of customers who are experiencing this error. For a few of them it's only certain computers which are affected. Some have had success allowing the API URL through their firewall.
0 Likes 0 ·
sagedeveloper avatar image
0 Likes"
sagedeveloper answered
I think we are in the same position. We have a desktop based application and now have 6 users that have reported this issue. This started on Friday 21st Feb. We have also raised a ticket with eBay but have had no response as of yet. The user gets this issue when downloading orders using the getorders call. This is only affecting a small proportion of users.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ankit_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
ankit_developersupport answered
Hi @sagedeveloper, We would like to assure you that we are currently working on the resolution of this case. Your patience is sincerely appreciated and as soon as there is any development on the matter we will contact you again. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

michar-1908 avatar image
0 Likes"
michar-1908 answered
Some of our Customers (not all) are expiriencing a similiar Issue starting 21st Feb. When calling the "GetSellerTransactions" via the API, they are getting the ErrorCodes 21359 (Input transfer has been terminated because your request timed out. Please try again.) and 21915461 (Der Ausgabeselektor soldList ist nicht korrekt.) I've also made a Posting, but it's still stuck in moderation status...

strid-92 avatar image
0 Likes"
strid-92 answered
@ankit_developersupport Do you know when we will have an update to this? I've not had any response on my support ticket and have no way of escalating the problem.

don.dowdle avatar image
0 Likes"
don.dowdle answered
working for me

elven_9507 avatar image
0 Likes"
elven_9507 answered

Your Java socket is timing out means that it takes too long to get respond from other device and your request expires before getting response. This exception is occurring on following condition.

• Server is slow and default timeout is less, so just put timeout value according to you.
  • Server is working fine but timeout value is for less time. so change the timeout value.

Solution: A developer can pre-set the timeout option for both client and server operations.

From Client side:

Socket socket = new Socket();
SocketAddress socketAddress = new InetSocketAddress(host, port);
socket.connect(socketAddress, 12000); //12000 are milli seconds

From Server side:

ServerSocket serverSocket = new new ServerSocket(port);
serverSocket.setSoTimeout(12000);

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.