question

friendsofalexanderadaire avatar image
0 Likes"
friendsofalexanderadaire asked

Your Selected Charity Is No Longer Registered With Our Program

I'm trying to run a VerifyAddItem request via the trading API and I keep getting 'Your selected charity is no longer registered with our program' as an error. The charity seems to be live on ebay. It errors on both sandbox and production. The charity ID is 2169815
trading apicharity
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
friendsofalexanderadaire avatar image
0 Likes"
friendsofalexanderadaire answered
To anyone else with this issue, I was able to resolve it by doing a few things. First I signed in to the paypal charity account and I removed our ebay account as a trusted seller, then I re-added our account as a trusted seller. This allowed me to then search by charity name via the getCharities method. That returned the charity i was looking for, but the Charity ID listed on the webpage is NOT the one you need to send to the API. You need to send the 'external id', which was sent back in the XML body. I see no other way to get this ID outside of the getCharities method
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.