question

sanaulla87 avatar image
2 Likes"
sanaulla87 asked ·

Getting A system error has occurred for createOrReplaceInventoryItem

I am using the JSON provided in the sample https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/inventory/resources/inventory_item/methods/createOrReplaceInventoryItem#h2-samples The URL I am posting to is Request{method=PUT, url= https://api.sandbox.ebay.com/sell/inventory/v1/inventory_item/SKU-163, tag=null} The response from server is: { "errors": [ { "errorId": 25001, "domain": "API_INVENTORY", "subdomain": "Selling", "category": "REQUEST", "message": "A system error has occurred. Oops, something went wrong. Wait a moment and try again." }, { "errorId": 25001, "domain": "API_INVENTORY", "subdomain": "Selling", "category": "REQUEST", "message": "A system error has occurred. Oops, something went wrong. Wait a moment and try again." }, { "errorId": 25001, "domain": "API_INVENTORY", "subdomain": "Selling", "category": "REQUEST", "message": "A system error has occurred. Oops, something went wrong. Wait a moment and try again." }, { "errorId": 25001, "domain": "API_INVENTORY", "subdomain": "Selling", "category": "REQUEST", "message": "A system error has occurred. Internal Server Error" } ] } The error response is very vague and doesnt help in finding the root cause.
createorreplaceinventoryitem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sanaulla87 avatar image
0 Likes"
sanaulla87 answered ·
@jcollects I tried with the production server but got HTTP Status 204. Not sure what it means. But I wasn't able to locate the item I created.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jcollects avatar image
0 Likes"
jcollects answered ·
I had the same issue. I sent the exact same request on the production server and the inventory item was created without issue. There seems to be a problem with the Sandbox test server(s).

sanaulla87 avatar image
0 Likes"
sanaulla87 answered ·
Ah thanks a lot for sharing the information. I guessed it was something at the eBay API end.

domidodo avatar image
0 Likes"
domidodo answered ·

sanaulla87 avatar image
0 Likes"
sanaulla87 answered ·
The exception response is from eBay API. How can I know the reason for it? The exception message from eBay API is very vague and is not helping in zeroing down to the real issue. As far as I know, there is nothing wrong in the request being made. I even tried the sample JSON provided in the API documentation. Another query is why the error message is appearing 4 times? as shown in the screenshot below ![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/2517-ebay-api.png

ebay-api.png (23.5 KiB)

sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered ·
Hi @sanaulla87, As I found that this is an application error implies that an exception or error occurred in the application code or at runtime. Examples include catching an exception in a service's business logic, system failures, or request errors from a dependency. REF: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/handling-error-messages.html Could you please check in code something is missing and let us know. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.