question

thestampbook avatar image
0 Likes"
thestampbook asked ·

ItemClosed not sending notifications

I get notifications okay when I manually close an item. I sold two items last night and no ItemClosed was sent to my server. Here's one of the items numbers: 114103191246
notifications
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
thestampbook answered ·
@sanjeev_developersupport Still waiting.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
thestampbook answered ·
Still waiting for some eBay response...

0 Likes"
thestampbook answered ·
Further to this problem. I had three items sold and only two of them sent notifications. What is the issue please? @sanjeev_developersupport

0 Likes"
thestampbook answered ·
Yes I have read all that already and accounted for it, but thanks. I subscribed to ItemSold and now I am getting hits. This does not explain why ItemClosed is not being sent when an item is sold though.

sanjeev_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjeev_developersupport answered ·
Hi @thestampbook, You should use API calls to confirm the data received using notifications. For example, if you have subscribed to AuctionCheckoutComplete notification, ensure that you have set up periodic polling of GetOrders. Your application should respond to notifications with a standard HTTP status of 200 OK. Absent this response to a notification, eBay will attempt redelivery, but after a significant number of unacknowledged notifications, eBay may stop sending notifications to your application. Platform notifications are not identical to the email messages that buyers and sellers might get when an item is listed, bid on, or purchased, though they may contain some of the same data. For a brief demonstration of a user subscribing to and receiving notifications, see the API flow tutorial, Getting Notifications: https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/HowTo/Notifications/Notifications_listing.html

0 Likes"
thestampbook answered ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.