question

flat_mike avatar image
0 Likes"
flat_mike asked

Almost 100 percent timeouts when using the FindingService, starting today

I'm experiencing almost 100 percent timeouts when using the FindingService ( svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1 using HTTPS POST with XML). But very occasionally I do get results, so I don't think the problems is with my code (which hasn't changed recently). My last successful call from my production server was 31 January 2020 at 9:29 GMT / UTC. I'm seeing the same from multiple servers and against Sandbox as well as Production. I've changed the API version to the latest release, tried new sandbox keys, tried HTTP and HTTPS, tried various timeout lengths. The call used to take seconds to execute. Has anything changed / broken today?
findingservice
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

flat_mike avatar image
0 Likes"
flat_mike answered
Still having the problem today. I'm sending: <findItemsByKeywordsRequest xmlns=" http://www.ebay.com/marketplace/search/v1/services">; <keywords>harry potter phoenix</keywords> <paginationInput> <pageNumber>1</pageNumber> <entriesPerPage>100</entriesPerPage> </paginationInput> <outputSelector>SellerInfo</outputSelector> </findItemsByKeywordsRequest> And I receive back: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. My code has been working for years, this is not new code.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
GET requests are working here, but we are seeing ongoing 404 routing errors with good calls that work when retried. "3003 A resource (URI) associated with the request could not be resolved." You seem to be conflating timeouts and 500 errors. You shouldn't get both on the same request. The 500 is a valid HTTP response that implies a connection was made to the server. Timeout implies no connection/response. 500 can be related to request formatting errors that might be data related.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.