question

manucasillas avatar image
0 Likes"
manucasillas asked ·

GetMultipleItems doesnt return GTIN/EAN (even it appears on eBay site)

Why sometimes http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/shopping/docs/callref/GetMultipleItems.html doesn't return GTIN/EAN. Examples: ebayID: 264169592665 or 264219102250
getmultipleitemsgtin
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
1 Like"
clickimusprime answered ·
**I don't know what is GSi/GMI .** GSI/GMI = GetSingleItem/GetMultipleItems **With findItemsAdvanced, I only see outputSelector for a bunch of stuff, but nothing related to specs of the item.** I didn't say use ItemSpecifics with findItemsAdvanced (fIA), I said "ItemSpecifics in GSI/GMI". They are not available in fIA. You have to make additional calls to get this most common piece of information.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
1 Like"
clickimusprime answered ·
Their treatment of ProductID and UPC/EAN is erratic. They've suppressed this data in inconsistent ways. And though it is returned in some cases, the docs currently say: *This field is no longer returned in the GetSingleItem or GetMultipleItems calls. To view the eBay Product ID (also known as an ePID) or Global Trade Item Number (UPC, EAN, ISBN, or MPN) for a product in a listing (or product variation within a multiple-variation listing), use the Trading API's GetItem call instead.* Trading seems like the long way around. You can sometimes get the UPC/EAN from the ItemSpecifics in GSI/GMI, but it is not always populated there. It seems to be populated there when the item is not listed using the catalog. You can also get the UPC with the Shopping FindProducts call, pass the Reference/ePID ProductID from the GSI/GMI or findItemsAdvanced calls. Be sure to set the siteID to match, because the product catalogs are not global. ItemID 264219102250 ProductID type=Reference value=3025927123 &ProductID.Value=3025927123&ProductID.type=Reference If you are fetching the same products regularly, I'd suggest you store a cross reference of ePID to UPC/EAN somewhere so you don't have to make the extra API calls for each item every time. The development flow would be a lot easier if they'd just return the UPC/EAN in the findItemsAdvanced and GSi/GMI calls.

0 Likes"
manucasillas answered ·
Ok. I guess it is going to be easier to implement Browse API and getItem, rather than making several calls just for an EAN. https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/buy/browse/resources/methods

0 Likes"
manucasillas answered ·
Thank you for your reply @clickimusprime. You look like an experienced developer. I don't know what is GSi/GMI . With findItemsAdvanced, I only see outputSelector for a bunch of stuff, but nothing related to specs of the item. Can you help me a bit more here? I think that I may have to implement trading API GetItem...

sanjeev_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjeev_developersupport answered ·
Hi @manucasillas, Could you please provide us with the following details so that we can check further:- 1. eBay Developer username 2. Sample request 3. Are you testing it in the sandbox or production environment Best Regards eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.