question

maxber.lin avatar image
0 Likes"
maxber.lin asked

Only show the the most relevant listings

Hi, When I send a request to the Ebay Finding API, I get different results than when I visit itemSearchURL from the response afterwards. When I use the browser to call itemSearchURL it says: We removed some search results to show you the most relevant. (Please refer: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=samsung+s10&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=1000&_sop=15) I would also like that for the API that only the relevant entries are displayed. How is that possible? Formatting my XML request did not work, so you can see the request in the attachment. ![alt text][1] Thank you very much, Max [1]: /storage/temp/2479-screenshot-58.png
finding-apirelevant
screenshot-58.png (12.7 KiB)
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

maxber.lin avatar image
0 Likes"
maxber.lin answered
Can nobody answer the question?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Posting code images isn't going to get you a lot of responses. Best bet is to post the REST URL format so people can use it directly in their browser. The web results don't match the API result beyond the basics. They do additional filtering and ranking, especially since they added sponsored ads. You can load items and do your own post-filtering and ranking too. If you can determine what they are excluding, you can use similar rules to exclude them from your results. Most API users want the full data so they can differentiate from eBay's website rather than duplicating it.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.