question

rol_6913 avatar image
0 Likes"
rol_6913 asked ·

GetItem() call limit

Hi, I am using GetItem() to get details about items in my store. I would use GetSellerList() but it doesn't return Compatibility (or it's just not mentioned that it does). I am wondering how many GetItem() calls can I do per hour or day? I tried looking for this information but it is not displayed anywhere. Also is there a thread limit when calling in parallel? Kind regards, Dan
apigetitemebay-trading-api.net sdk
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ankit_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
ankit_developersupport answered ·
Hi @rol_6913 Yes the GetItem() call only returns the compatibility and the GetSellerList() doesn't. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rol_6913 avatar image
0 Likes"
rol_6913 answered ·
Hi @ankit_developersupport Thanks for the reply. So was I right that GetSellerList doesn't return compatibility? And the only call that returns Compatibility is GetItem()? Regards, Dan

ankit_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
ankit_developersupport answered ·
HI @rol_6913, The call limit for GetSellerList() is as follows: Short-duration call rate limit: The GetSellerList call is one of five Trading API calls where eBay has implemented a short-duration call rate limit to restrict bursts of very high traffic, and to protect eBay's infrastructure and servers from being overloaded and/or destabilized. Per (seller) user ID, no more than 300 GetSellerList calls can be executed within any 15-second interval. If this call rate limit is exceeded at any time, the application making the called is blocked. Each time an application is blocked, the user/application must wait until the block is reset after 15 seconds. This short-duration call rate limit applies to all seller accounts, and sellers/developers cannot appeal or request for a higher limit. For GetItem() thread limit there is no such limit and for reference you can go through the given doc. https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/GetItem.html#Samples The default call limits for Trading API is 5K/Day and if you hit this limit then you can file for Compatible App check. For reference go through the below mention doc. https://developer.ebay.com/support/api-call-limits Best regards, eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.