question

jejeffery avatar image
0 Likes"
jejeffery asked ·

Stock Management via an app

I'm afraid that I'm an EBay nube, but I have a client with an existing, in-house CRM that they want to integrate with EBay (for example, so that over-the-counter sales and phone order will sync stock levels with EBay. I had hoped to use the REST API, but it seems to me that all the Inventory APIs require the authorization code grant flow -- that is, they require direct user sign-in to grant access, rather than using an app key. Is this correct? That would mean that I can't automate any inventory management processes purely with cURL calls, as someone would have to sign-in first to get an access token? I see that there is a SOAP framework, which allows unattended inventory management. However, the documentation website looks rather old in comparison to the REST API website -- is this still current? I don't want to move over to SOAP only to find that the framework is End Of Life. Also, the CRM can work natively with a REST API, but not with SOAP (it has no native ability to parse XML!) Sorry for the basic questions, but I'd like to understand my options before choosing which route to go down.
oauth2rest apisoap
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
ankit_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
ankit_developersupport answered ·
Hi @ jejeffery, Yes this is industry standard. You will have to manually sign in once and then can use the refresh token after that to automate fetching the token needed every few hours. But even the refresh token is only valid for 18 months. So you will have to manually sign in every 18 months. Same time frame and route needs to be done for Auth & Auth. https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/oauth-tokens.html you should use the Inventory API for your Application . Best Regards eBay Developer Support
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.