question

tomaswalczewsk_0 avatar image
0 Likes"
tomaswalczewsk_0 asked ·

Convert search URL to findItemsAdvanced

Hi, I checked the documentation, but I cannot find a method that would fit my needs. I would like to convert the ebay search url, i.e. [Example serach query][1] to the list of parameters needed by findItemsAdvanced. This way I would be able to prepare the search filters in the browser and then use them to make a findItemsAdvanced call. I see that FindItemsAdvancedResponse returns itemSearchURL which converts FindItemsAdvancedRequest to URL. What I need is searchURL to FindItemsAdvancedRequest . Thanks for helping. [1]: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Test&_sacat=0
apifinding-apifinditemsadvanced
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

class="fr-fic fr-dii">

dsadsadasdsadsa

dsadsads

dsadsadsadsadsadsa

0 Likes 0 · ·

dsare> class="fr-fic fr-dii"> class="fr-fiC/p>

0 Likes 0 · ·
nothinhe-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
nothinhe-0 answered ·

dsadsadsadas

dsadasdas

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tiagferreir96 avatar image
0 Likes"
tiagferreir96 answered ·

They are really lacking on this. It would allow for a much better user experience in apps as users could just go to ebay, make the search and copy-paste the URL. And seeing they already return an itemSearchURL from FindItemsAdvanced requests, it would not be that hard to allow for the reverse to happen.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
You're on your own for this, AFAIK. You'll need to examine and develop your own mapping between eBay URL parameters and API query filters/options. I don't think there's any API/service to handle it automatically for you/us, or even any formal documentation from eBay on what the params are. A few years ago, I assembled this page with parameters I found, but IDK if they're still valid, as I haven't kept the page up to date, and it's certainly not comprehensive: hxxp://www.helios825.org/url-parameters.php

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.